Friday, April 1, 2011

A Respectable Geocacher

Someone e-mailed my wife after reading this blog saying that I must be an expert geocacher and the truth is, though I've been geocaching for several years (over 8 years), my number of finds is pretty low on the geocaching website. For as long as I've been doing it, the number should be much, much greater. It doesn't help that we have found several through the years that we have forgotten to log, but for us the thrill of the find is much more important than all of the "smileys" you get from the website. Still, right now I am on a quest to improve these numbers so that I become a more respectable geocacher.


Since I've been searching in my town in Indiana, I've come across a website exclusively for Indiana geocachers: http://www.indianageocaching.com/. It lists different events for geocachers held in Indiana. Surprisingly, the person responsible for the site is a teacher and a Lilly Creativity Fellow like me. You can find his project website at My Geek Odyssey.


I've also noticed that there are more people reading my blog than they are "following". You can "follow" my updates to this blog simply by submitting your e-mail address at the top of the page. This will send you an e-mail alert when I make a new post. The more that follow, the better!! Remember, I'm trying to become a respectable geocacher!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment