Sunday, March 27, 2011

New GPSr...Ordered, Delivered, & Tested

Things are starting to move along...slowly...but I did get my new GPSr in the mail this week! Decided to go with the Garmin 550t. Normally I wouldn't spend this type of money on a GPSr, but with the grant I was able to get one with many more bells and whistles. It has a camera, topographical maps (installed), paperless geocaching feature, three-axes compass, and it's waterproof too!!!


The paperless feature means that I can download the hints, posts, and coordinates all in one touch. The three-axes compass allows me to hold the device any way that I want and it will still show accurately the direction that I am facing plus the direction I need to go. The camera tags every picture that is taken with its latitude and longitude. This is a great feature because I can upload the pictures to this blog and people will know exactly where we were standing! 


Excited with the new purchase

Up close and personal

No comments:

Post a Comment